OK, 2 pm. Is it about lunchtime?
Was a little tired last night, around 4 am, but sighed and sat down to get the mornin' macchiato up last night rather than this afternoon. Hoping to read some M's stuff rather than write it. The Denizens graciously threw 14x chips at the dealer ... well, actually they probably were thinking more in terms of talking baseball :- ) but you know whutuhmean.
We axs for some comments, amigos indulge us, and KingCorran sez
...as soon as I find an original angle to share, I'll do so. =) You guys writing and commenting here make my Mariner's fandom a so much richer experience, I wouldn't want to cheapen your experience in return without reason!
Our outfield options have sure come a long way, and that backfill in around our Infield of Might is quite the welcome development. Finally, after baseball-generations of disappointment (measured in wasted prime years of key figurehead players), it seems we've got a GM who is willing to fill in holes with a.) quality players b.) within his means. Rather than slipping too far either to the left or the right. Should make for some fun baseball, and I'm ready for that down here in sunny Chihuahua!
Tank will force his way in, moe. This IS JeDi we're dealing with, here... he'll trade ANYone. I can't wait to see what he gets back for whomever he deems most expendable. Who out in baseballlandia is most like Smyly right now, in terms of ready for a breakout? Or hack, who's your carbon copy of Iwakuma the Younger? He probably already sees it coming. The only question is whther he's laid the groundwork for the trade yet...
NO ORIGINAL ANGLES NEEDED !
I think SSI has become like 40% of my enjoyment* of the Seattle Mariners. Could not ask for a better group of online friends. (*The other 60%? Paxton.)
C.S. Lewis once pointed out that 'praise' (of the M's, of fellow Denizens) is a natural part of joy. You look at the Grand Canyon for the first time, you would prefer somebody be standing there with you. Then you can "outlet" your experience of the beauty, in praise. One big reason it's fun to cheer when at the stadium, a big reason it will be emotional to cheer the Edgar on his weekend.
And for somebody who can't find an original angle, Corran got onto the first page real quick!
Any one line, even "Seconded," is welcome. We're sure your fellow commenters agree. If we could exceed 50+ comments every post, merely in terms of "that's what I saw, good put" OR in terms of original adds, I'd be thrilled. 95% because it's great to hear from folks, and 5% it doesn't hurt from Klat's/Dr D's standpoint. Klat loves 'em some long comments threads.
Lookout Landing has *mostly* one-liners in the comments.
And, a separate shout-out to Mo Dawg who has always understood that I'd rather read than write.
Separate Idea: if the M's start 23-14, as it looks like they may, this site will certainly be a richer traffic experience. New amigos probly.
Finally, if there were 15+ comments every morning, Dr. D would probably put up a comment stub every night.
They say train hoboes could join the meal and eat if they threw a potato into the pot. NO POTATOES REQUIRED at Seattle Sports Insider!
edit to add,
Greg Johns has a near-perfect War Room on the roster as it sits Mar. 20th. His opinion of course, but still, a near-perfect report for what it is supposed to be. Nice.