OK, according to reports, it appears we have recently added some new Tacoma kids. Well some may be destined for AA/A+. Here's the quick rundown:
1. Christian Bergman: He's back. 54 big league innings last season; 4 wins, 5 losses; 5.00 ERA; 1.41 Whip. You will remember that he did have three stellar outings: 7.1 innings of 2 hit, shutout ball vs. the Orcs, 7 innings of 4 hit, shutout ball vs. the BoSox, 4 innings of 1 hit, shutout relief vs. the Angels. In his other 40 innings he gave up 30 earned runs and 54 hits. Feast vs. famine. Bet the under on the feast line in '18.
2. John Andreoli: OF with three seasons of PCL experience in Iowa. He K's a lot, walks a ton (.107 AAA pts), plays some CF and doesn't hit a bunch of homers in the hitter friendly PCL. AAA insurance.
3. Matt Hague: 32 years old, with a total of 94 MLB PA's. 1B, almost exclusively. He runs into Vogelbach, likely. He has hit the IL to the tune of .338-.416-.468 and .297-.373-.416 over the last two years, with a total of 21 homers in more than 1000 AB's. Nothing much to see here. Move on, please.
4. Johendi Jiminian: Pitcher, 25 years old with a total of 30 AAA innings. he doesn't strike people out but he does walk guys liberally. A ST arm, that's probably about it.
5. Rey Navarro: 28 years old, 3B-2B-SS/Utility. He had a 29 AB, big league cup of tea in '15 with Baltimore. He hit .278 with a homer and no BB's. AAA career line is .277-.317-.377. Guys like him get call ups all the time, they just don't stay up for long. As a 15-Day emergency call-up, I could see him in Safeco at some point, I suppose.
6. Yonathan Mendoza; 23 years old, 3B-2B-SS/Utility. Never been in The Show, never been to AAA, has a total of 126 AA PA's. .241-.315-.324 in AA. Did hit .308-.385 in A+. Could start the year in AA....maybe.
That's it. No thunderous moves here. It's a decent bet that none of them get to see Safeco this season, but it could happen in a couple of cases.